First Aid Training in Edmonton
Edmonton First Aid is an Alberta workplace approved training provider of basic first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillation (AED) training. Numerous classes on safety, food safe and first aid are offered at varying schedules. On-line safety training is available and covers topics such as WHMIS, TDG, H2S awareness, MSDS, fire safety and a variety of other topics to help boost your resume and increase safety in the workplace. Participants looking to renew expiring awards can attend re-certification courses which cater to renewing standard first aid, standard childcare first aid, CPR level “C” and CPR level “HCP” awards. Other services include first aid supplies, workplace emergency response consulting and workplace safety training. Private courses are also available for groups of almost any size with competitive rates. All courses offered are at the lowest prices in Edmonton and offered in convenient training centres located throughout the City. OH&S approved instructors are also mobile and can provide training at your facility if space allows. Learn the skills to save a life, stay safe in the workplace and boost your resume by enrolling in a first aid course in Edmonton with Edmonton First Aid.
Additional information regarding classes, schedules, and enrolment can be found on the Edmonton First Aid website. To register for a course use the registration form below or use the contact information provided.
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone: 1-888-870-7002
- Website: www.firstaidcpredmonton.ca
- Training Address: 7915 104 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Suite 200
On-line application form to Edmonton First Aid below
Why should you choose Edmonton First Aid?
Edmonton First Aid has been the top training service provider in Edmonton for several years. The reasons below explain how Edmonton First Aid has remained the best and why you should choose to enrol in its training courses.
- Edmonton First Aid offers quick and easy enrolment. Prospective trainees can enrol in a variety of training courses through the on-line application form above, e-mail, telephone, or walk-ins at the training center.
- A large number of training courses are offered at Edmonton First Aid, such as training courses, stand-alone classes, private classes, and refresher courses. Scheduling is a breeze because of the number of and variety of classes offered.
- Training courses are offered at the cheapest rates in Edmonton. All rates are inclusive of taxes, certificates, and workplace approved registration fees. All equipment used during training such as manuals are included in the enrolment package, so be assured of no additional expenses. A full refund is also offered as long as a 72 hour notice is given.
- All training courses are certification courses under the workplace approved. Trainees who complete a training course are given certificates for first aid, CPR, and AED, valid for 3 years.
- Recertification courses are offered at multiple times per week.
- Training centers are equipped with high-end technology used for basic first aid and CPR and AED skill development.
- Edmonton First Aid provides a wide range of registration methods with friendly customer service representatives that are able to help with any registration questions or concerns.
- All instructors with this provider are approved by Alberta OH&S and are friendly and welcoming
- The training centers are located in convenient and easily accessible locations, near public transportation and restaurants.
The following courses are available with Edmonton First Aid:
- Alberta OH&S Approved Standard First Aid, CPR and AED
- Alberta OH&S Approved Standard Childcare First Aid, CPR and AED
- Alberta OH&S Approved Emergency First Aid, CPR and AED
- Stand-alone CPR level “A” and AED
- Stand-alone CPR level “C” and AED
- Stand-alone CPR level “HCP” and AED
- Babysitting first aid and CPR
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) – On-line training
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) – On-line training
For a full list of courses visit the Edmonton First Aid Website.
What Will I Learn in a First Aid Training Course in Edmonton?
Participants that enrol in training courses in Edmonton will learn about the following topics:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Effective use of the emergency medical system
- Staying safe during emergencies
- When and how to contact EMS
- Heart Attacks
- Choking Emergencies
- Breathing Emergencies
- Transient Ischemic Attack
- Head Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Deadly Bleeding
- Embedded Objects
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Degree Burns
- Heat Stroke
These and many more topics are covered in a two-day first aid and CPR course in Edmonton.
Things You Will Learn – Tetanus
External wounds like abrasions, incisions, lacerations, punctures, and avulsions are common during accidents with motor vehicles or falls. In managing external wounds, rescuers should also be aware of Tetanus (laymen’s’ term ‘Lock-Jaw’) when someone suffers a wound that is exposed to soil or animal faeces. If you suspect the patient is at risk for tetanus, advise them to seek medical assistance immediately. If left untreated, the tetanus infection can cause uncontrollable muscle rigidity and death. The video below is target at trainees who are health care providers.
For more lessons on basic first aid such as this, enroll in a training course at Edmonton First Aid today!