First Aid Training
First aid and CPR training can help you be prepared for almost any emergency. Candidates that receive first aid training learn to be prepared for emergencies as well as become part of the chain of survival. St Mark James is the leader in providing the most up-to-date first aid and CPR training (register for a training course near you) and the leader in quality and quantity of first aid training offered in Canada.
The general content learned in all workplace approved first aid training includes the following topics:
- Respiratory emergencies including asthma, anaphylaxis and hyperventilation.
- Circulatory emergencies including heart attacks, angina and stroke.
- Diabetic emergencies including hypo and hyperglycaemia.
- Environmental emergencies including heat exhaustion, cramps and stroke and hypothermia.
- Sprains and Strains.
- Fractures, dislocations, amputations and broken bones.
- Contusions, abrasions, and other deadly bleeding.
- Blunt force trauma and internal bleeding.
Once candidates complete the skills component and the multiple choice test with a minimum grade of 75% they will receive a workplace approved first aid certificate that is valid for 3 years. Certification is nationally accredited and valid throughout Canada. St Mark James offers first aid re-certification courses for candidates that require first aid renewal at a cheaper price and a shorter course.
Different Types of workplace approved First Aid Training:
St Mark James Training offers a variety of different first aid courses. The following is a list of the popular first aid training:
- Standard first aid and CPR level “C”
- Standard childcare first aid and CPR level “B”
- Emergency first aid and CPR level “A”
- Emergency childcare first aid and CPR level “B”
- Wilderness first aid and CPR level “C”
- Marine first aid and CPR level “A”
- Babysitting first aid and CPR.
All courses include training in the use of automated external defibrillators. If you are not sure what course to register for contact your employer or school to determine the level of first aid and CPR required.
The cost of workplace approved first aid training varies depending on location, the level of CPR associated with the first aid course (CPR training is mandatory with first aid), and the type of first aid course. workplace approved first aid training varies in price from 75 dollars to 165 dollars. More info here.
The most comprehensive first aid course available is standard first aid and health care provider CPR (CPR HCP). This course takes approximately 16 to 18 hours to complete. Basic first aid courses, such as emergency first aid and CPR level “A” are significantly shorter at a length of 8 hours. Emergency first aid training can be completed within one day.
workplace approved first aid training is available throughout Canada at comfortable and convenient locations. Each major metropolitan in Canada has several workplace approved first aid training centres. To find a first aid course close to your location select one of the highlighted words throughout this page to be directed to a first aid training center near you.
Build confidence in yourself and learn to save the life of a loved one or stranger by getting first aid training. Learn to react to almost any emergency with the up to date training offered through a workplace approved course.